The business of SA, The Good News is to change the narrative out of South Africa and Africa. We believe in celebrating the good and confronting the bad; that news should be balanced, contextual and truthful (as per the SA Press Code); and that citizens should understand the truth of our progress over the last 20 years, warts and all.
It is our firm conviction that if citizens understand both the good and the bad they are much more able, and willing, to make a positive difference to the bad. We believe that much of the current print, radio and broadcast media are trapped in a “good news is no news” paradigm and that our public broadcaster has no coherent news strategy. Add to this the danger of the ‘single story’ of afro-pessimism that is so much part of the global narrative on South Africa and Africa and the truth becomes distorted – bedevilled by conventional wisdom madness.
Steuart will share with you his personal journey of discovery in our extraordinary country post-1994. He, with contributions from some 150 informed South Africans is co-editor and publisher of 10 books on South Africa and Africa:
- “South Africa – The Good News” (2002)
- “South Africa – More Good News” (2003)
- “SA 2014 – The Story of our Future” (2004)
- “Miracles that are Changing a Nation” (2005)
- “Employee Volunteering in South Africa” (2007)
- “2010: Africa’s Time has Come” (2007)
- “Action for a Safe South Africa” (2008)
- “Africa – The Good News” (2008)
- Promise of Leadership (2009) – published for the Nelson Mandela Foundation
- South Africa @ 20: For Better or for Worse? (2013)
“You don’t describe the future you see, you see the future you describe” is our mantra.
He has delivered over 500 talks on SA’s global competitiveness both here and abroad.
Does not claim to be an official website, the owners or management over any supplier, service or content.
Will not respond to requests of a personal nature, nor offer contacts nor share intellectual property.
Is purely a marketing and brokering medium for South African Entertainment related suppliers and related services and therefore this resource reserves the right to only respond to official booking and quote requests for corporate functions and events.