Dawie is a nationally renowned economist, with over 30 years’ experience. He specialises in monetary-, fiscal policy and is currently doing extensive research on the possible impact of “crypto” currencies on monetary policy. He is closely involved with the management of client asset portfolios. His interest in international and local politics has grown and he has become knowledgeable in the field of politics as well. Dawie is ranked the most referenced economists in the country and received the prestigious Economist of the year award by Media 24, a media house. He has been the anchor presenter of the television program Ontbytsake for the past 19 years.
Dawie Roodt is a founder, Director and Chief Economist of the Efficient Group. He serves on a variety of investment committees within the Efficient Group. Dawie’s latest role is that of Chairmen of Efficient Private Clients, of which Efficient Group is the majority shareholder.
HIS CAREER INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
- Master’s degree (cum laude) in Economics
- Economist at the South African Reserve Bank
- Presented more than 1 000 television, and 1 500 radio programs
- Economic editor at a financial magazine
- Columnist for several publications
- Previous member of BUSA and NEDLAC
- Member of the Institute of Directors of South Africa
- Counsel member of SAIRR
- Counsel member of the World Farmers Organisation
- Frequent guest lecturer, locally and internationally
- Director Free Market Foundation
ACHIEVEMENTS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Author of Tax, Lies and Red Tape, 2013
- National colours for powered paragliding
- Honorary member of Golden Key International Honour Society
- Lifetime honorary membership of the Zoological Society of South Africa
- Winner of the 2015 Pioneer Rally assisted by a blind navigator – Hein Wagner (They came in second during the 2016 Pioneer Rally)
Does not claim to be an official website, the owners or management over any supplier, service or content.
Will not respond to requests of a personal nature, nor offer contacts nor share intellectual property.
Is purely a marketing and brokering medium for South African Entertainment related suppliers and related services and therefore this resource reserves the right to only respond to official booking and quote requests for corporate functions and events.
Immediate Action Request
Please note: you will receive a response in 4 working hours or less.